Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, May 29, 2017

A Letter To The Editor: This Memorial Day

Joe,

Thank you for posting so many stories about Memorial Day and our Veterans. Your killing me because I know the real meaning of today. The young mother by the grave with their child made me cry. Most people would not be able to fathom what Combat is like. Hopefully, with your stories, the public will become more aware of the sacrifices that have been made.

Proud Combat Veteran and
I would gladly do it again!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen to that statement , I'm with you , been there , done that!

Anonymous said...

You are a good and HONEST man. Please stay that way.

Swamp Drainer of the Shore said...

So many take the sacrifices our fallen have made so they could be free. It's disgusting and the reason why these reminders are so very important to all Americans.

Anonymous said...

God Bless you and yours Proud Combat Veteran.

Paladin said...

“Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction."

V/R

Paladin

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your service

Jim said...


Thanks Joe for the great Memorial posts, especially the ones with the little guys who lost their dads. It has touched my heart. They really pay a price.

Anonymous said...

YES, THANK YOU!!

Steve said...

Thanks, Joe! These are all great posts!

Anonymous said...

I am a Navy veteran and never saw combat, thank God. My heart goes out to all Vets but especially Nam Vets who to this day have never received the "Welcome Home" they deserved. So, to all my compatriots, WELCOME HOME brothers and sisters from the bottom of my heart.