Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, February 24, 2018

Texas Rancher Sues Feds For Spy Cam

A 74-year-old rancher from Encinal, Texas, is suing the federal government after he found a surveillance camera on his property, and subsequently refused to give it back to authorities.

Ricardo Palacios, who is also an attorney, is specifically filing suit against the Customs and Border Protection (CBP) and the Texas Ranger Division, including two agents of the respective agencies. The forthcoming case was first reported on by Ars Technica on Thursday.

Several months ago, Palacios was taking a stroll on his ranch and stumbled upon a small portable camera with an antenna fastened to a tree. Not long after removing the recording device, which was situated on his property near his son’s home, Palacios received phone calls from CBP officials and Texas Rangers, each one claiming they were the owners of the camera and ordering him to give it back, reports Ars Technica.

Palacios, having refused their demands and dismissed their threats of arrest, is still in possession of the camera, and hopes to use it as admissible evidence in his case.

More

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Big brother is hard at work.

Anonymous said...

Feds are liars. The FBI are liberal scumbags that forgot about law enforcement. Thanks Obama!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm This story sounds familiar right here in Salisbury/Eden right guys "give me back my camera or I will take you to court"

Anonymous said...

Hey Officer Clark does that ring a bell?

Anonymous said...

Officer Clark do you remember? You said give me the camera and I said no it was on my property. I have called for a officer to come out at noon and I will give it to them. You respond and said " well looks like that would me coming out at noon and I am here now and I was sent over here so give me the camera now" If you don't we will take you to court and arrest you

Anonymous said...

Can you tell us who sent you officer Clark?

Anonymous said...

Now that my memory is refreshed let me quote "If you don't give me the camera right now we are going to hunt on your land tomorrow morning and we know how much you hate hunting" Thats when the DNR officer was called Officer Colon. We have it all on video and our calls into this house may be recorded Just saying

Anonymous said...

Please lets not talk about writing and grammar thank you